Basic tips to make a good impression
- Be sure to be appropriately dressed for your interview
- A basic level of Catalan can go a long way. Simply knowing how to say hello, thank you or have a nice day could work in your favor. The local councils offer free courses.
- Try to maintain eye contact for 90% of the interview and be aware of your hand gestures and body language.
- Always smile.
- Always be at least five minutes early.
Useful ice breakers for Networking events
- Hey, aren’t you friends with…?
- What did you think of the speaker?
- Talk about the current news
Typical interview questions
- What are your top 3 strengths?
- What are your 3 main weaknesses?
- Why are you interested in working for this company?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? And in 10?
- Why do you want to leave your current job / why did you leave your previous job?
- What can you offer us that other candidates can’t?
- Are you available to travel?
- Describe yourself to me with 3 adjectives
- Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
- Do you have any questions?
Prepare relevant questions to ask during or after the interview
- What promotion schemes do you have in place to act as an incentive for staff to stay?
- What career opportunities are there in this company?
- Are there regular meetings with staff and employers?
- What is the organization’s plan for the next five years, and how does this department fit in?
- What are the day-to-day responsibilities of this job?
- Can you tell me about the team I will be working with?
- Could you describe a typical first assignment?